World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
World Bank Group
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Programme is open to women and men of developing nations undertaking PhD research related to development. Applicants should currently be university lecturers or researchers residing in developing countries.
This opportunity is open to women and men of developing nations undertaking PhD research related to development.
Up to $25,000 (U.S.) for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country. Scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period starting between July and December 2016. Preference in selecting fellows will be given to applicants currently employed as a lecturer or researcher at an academic or research institution in a member developing country of the World Bank. Fellows must commit to working in their home countries after completion of their PhD.
- Be a citizen of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not be a dual citizen of a developed country;
- Be 35 years of age or younger
- Be enrolled in a PhD programme in a member developing country of the World Bank;
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD programme;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD;
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development.
The World Bank will not respont to email inquiries sent before the call for application opens. Online applications can be submitted between January 5 - February 2, 2016.
The Call for Applications is OPEN! Visit the "How to Apply" page for further instructions