Taiwan ICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Programs
International education and training from the TaiwanICDF shares Taiwan’s own development experiences with developing partner countries around the world. Our aim is to help these partner countries cultivate and nurture a talented pool of human resources.
Our International Higher Education Scholarship Programme was inintiated in 1998 when we joined forces with a group of Taiwanese universities to offer scholarships for a number of English-language courses, up to and including Ph.D level.
TaiwanICDF Scholarship Partner Universities: The TaiwanICDF has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with its partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program. More information about each of the programs offered through the TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program can be found on the relevant partner university’s website.
Scholarship Benefits and Entitlements: The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
Applicants applying for a TaiwanICDF scholarship must meet both the general eligibility criteria and be a national of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship. Applicants must also meet the Regulations Governing Visiting, Resident, and Permanent Residency of Aliens set by ROC(Taiwan) National Immigration Agency.
***Note: All Undergraduate Programmes only accept applications submitted by citizens of allied countries of ROC(Taiwan).
The 2016 TaiwanICDF Scholarship application period will run from January 1 - March 18 (Taiwan Time). For the 2016 TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Programme, there are a total of 31 study programmes available for scholarship application.
Applicants should: (1) First, complete the TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Programme Online Application, and (2) Submit the documents listed below to the ROC(Taiwan) Embassy/Consulate (General)/Representative Office/Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country.
Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation; failure to do so will result in the application not being processed. Please also note: 1. Late submissions will not be accepted and/or processed. 2. All Undergraduate Programs only accept applications submitted by citizens of allied countries of ROC(Taiwan).
- A photocopy of applicant’s passport or other document showing proof of nationality
- A photocopy of applicant’s highest-level diploma and academic transcripts.
- A photocopy of applicant’s English proficiency certificate. Please note: This means a TOEFL test score or that of another recognized English proficiency exam, or documents certifying that the applicant has graduated from a program where all courses were taught in English. Applicants who are unable to provide such proof of English proficiency due to special circumstances may be assessed for English proficiency by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative via interview or other forms of testing. Applicants whose official national language is English are exempt from needing to supply these documents.
- A TaiwanICDF Medical Report (including an HIV test)dated within the past three months.
- Two letters of reference.
- Any other documents specifically requested by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative.
In addition to the above documents requested as part of their scholarship application,applicants should also submit all documents required by the TaiwanICDF partner university that they are applying to before the admissions deadline of that university. For detailed information on such documents, please refer to the 2016 International Higher Education Scholarship Program Brochure.
Other Relevant Information